SSH Agent change focus to Safari

Options
kzolnowski
kzolnowski
Community Member

Hi,
Every time the ssh agent asks me to allow application to use ssh key with my fingerprint 1password forces a focus change to Safari. It doesn't matter which window is currently on top. Safari is always flashing on my screen. If I will close Safari the issue goes away.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009045)
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)
Browser: Safari Version 16.5.2 (18615.2.9.11.10)

Comments

• kzolnowski
    kzolnowski
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Could you please take a look at this issue?

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member
    Options

I've been experiencing this too. It's not consistent and seems to occur most often after not having used 1Password for a while. I've never been able to make it happen twice in a row.

• kzolnowski
    kzolnowski
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

@deviantintegral here is a response from support team. Maybe will be useful for you :)

Thanks for providing those details, as well as the screen recordings.

It appears that you are encountering a known issue with Safari stealing focus. Our development team is aware, and currently investigating the issue. I have let them know about your experience, and I apologize for any interruption in your workflow.

If you use Safari as your main browser, I have a few workarounds to share at the moment:

Completely quit Safari when it's not in use.
    Disable the integration feature within 1Password for Safari.
    This will allow 1Password for Safari web extension to function on its own, so that the lock state of the desktop app won't cause the focus issue. If this is done, you'll need to unlock the 1Password for Safari extension separately. You can turn off integration using the following steps:
    Right-click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and select "Settings".
    Under General, turn off "integrate with 1Password app".
    Modify auto-lock settings to prolong the locking time and reduce the frequency of the focus issue in the 1Password desktop app.
    Manage your 1Password auto-lock settings
    I understand that these workarounds are not ideal, however, they should at least help to prevent the focus issue in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.