Why do I need to sign in to 1PW and 1PW extension in Safari?

Options
drohr
drohr
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

After I sign into1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009045) (it says on beta channel) I will dome to a website that needs a sign in and I have to go up to toolbar and separately sign in to my 1PW extension to get any auto fills to work.

Seems before that was not the case and it certainly feels redundant. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: for Mac 8.10.9 (81009045)
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Ventura 13.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @drohr,

It sounds like 1Password in your browser might be having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Can you start with these steps and let me know if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

HI Steph. I went through as you mentioned above and I get the same results when I try to sign into a web page. I am not positive I haven't set up my own conflict. By that I mean I have the 1PW icon up top of my screen near the clock and I also have a small 1PW icon in the toolbar of safari off to the left. then I have the 1PW app I keep in my dock below. What are the proper terms for those two locations?

When I went through the operations you mentioned and then opened things back up I clicked on the icon near the clock see if that piece had in fact changed. I told me I needed to provide accessibility to 1PW ignorer to autofill. I changed those settings and then went in from beginning again trying to log in to a web page. The 1PW icon in the sign on box still shows locked even though the app is open and when I click on use 1PW it opens the color 1PW extension on the left of my toolbar and not the one up near the clock.

Does that description make any sense? If I do lick on the icon near the clock when at a sign in point it does open and have the right suggestion to auto fill, but it is not bringing that to the actual web page to do it. If I do unlock the icon soon left it acts as it has in past or should by autofilling info

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

This is what I see and still get. I then have to unlock the 1PW in the toolbar to get it to work as expected.

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I see

• Hey @drohr,

When you open your browser you will need to click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar to unlock it if you have not already unlocked your 1Password app. Once it is unlocked are you able to fill as expected?

If you want to extend the length of time before your password is required you can do this from within your 1Password app. Here's how: Manage auto-lock in the 1Password app

I hope this helps.

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

Tried to respond yesterday but system was down or not allowing me to do so.

I have unlocked the app prior to opening safari. I navigate to a site and then when I have to sign in to a website I have to open extension. I do not believe it used to be like that as I have stated

• Hey @drohr,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong. I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.