1Password in Wavebox not connecting with app

Options
TwinTraveller
TwinTraveller
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

For weeks I've been struggling with connecting the 1PW extension with the 1PW app.
After switching to the beta version of 1PW in order to be able to connect the extension from within Wavebox to the 1PW, it seemed that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the extension with every update in order to keep it working.
For a few weeks now, the connection has stopped working altogether. I believe this may be due to my 1PW app not actually being on the beta channel despite having selected the beta channel in settings.

I've done a full uninstall using the instructions provided here and then downloaded and reinstalled 1PW, after which I changed the relase channel back to "beta".
Clicking "Check for Updates" tells me I'm up to date.

How can I fix this? Without this, I cannot use the extension in a connected way with Wavebox.

Comments

• @TwinTraveller

I love the name, by the way.

If you click on labs and then on enable custom browser support, enable the option if needed and add Wavebox. Does this help? This might solve your need for the beta issue you're experiencing.

Note that when a new production build is released, you will automatically be moved to that build, as your screenshot indicates. You'll remain on that production build until a new beta exists.

• TwinTraveller
    TwinTraveller
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thank you for the suggestion. I had read about the ability to allow custom browsers through the labs, but considering it would only be available for a short time I did bother to investigate.
    At this moment, I don't even see the option to enable custom browsers as available

• @TwinTraveler. My bad, if you're not seeing it there it's likely in the nightly which I use. Prior to this it was in the Browser section can you check that? My apologies, I am not near a device on the production channel at the moment.

• TwinTraveller
    TwinTraveller
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy apologies for my delayed response. For one reason or another I missed a notification of your reply.
    In the mean time, I somehow managed to get my 1Password back to the beta channel. Not exactly sure what happend, but when going through all the settings again, I noticed that 1Password was showing me to be on the Production channel. After changing to beta, the latest beta was downloaded and installed.
    I was able to find trusted browser feature in the Browser tab. After adding Wavebox the connection now appears to be working as expected. Let's hope it stays this way 🤞. Thanks for your help.

• Thank you for the update @TwinTraveller, let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

@TwinTraveller Haha, those missed notifications happen to us all my friend. I'm glad to hear things are working for you.

This discussion has been closed.