Feature Request: Append vault name to suggested entries in browser

Options
cwise71
cwise71
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

As a user that has multiple accounts (business, family), it can be challenging to determine which account is in which vault.

As an example, if I have multiple credentials (business 1, business 2, personal, kid 1, kid 2 etc), I end up having to manage the naming of each entry that likely ends up being the name of the vault the credential is in.

A preference to append the vault name for display purposes would be tremendous. In that scenario, I would name all of the credentials entries as "Google" but with the preference enabled would see them named as:

• Google [Personal]
  • Google [Business 1]
  • Google [Kid 1]

etc etc

This has the added benefit of clean naming for others that only have access to limited to certain vaults (i.e. Kid 1 wouldn't turn on this display preference and simply sees the entry as "Google").

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @cwise71,

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password. I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our product team for consideration but first I'd like to understand a little more about your workflow. Do you use separate browsers or profiles for the different uses?

A feature that you may find useful is the ability to disable certain vaults from appearing in suggestions in your browser. Here's how:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Accounts and Vaults section and toggle off the vaults you do not want to see suggestions from.

You can amend these settings in each browser profile for example you can have different vaults in your work and personal profiles.

Does this help at all?

• cwise71
    cwise71
    Community Member
    Options

I definitely want to see all the accounts and vaults. This is a shared access feature to help those with lots of access (me) distinguish between lots of entries.

• Hey @cwise71,

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm sorry for the delay.

I have put in a request with our product team on your behalf for consideration in future updates.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime!

ref: PB35640794

This discussion has been closed.