Unable to open Quick Access

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Continuing Issue: Quick Access Disappears.

Comments

• Murgi
    Murgi
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have the same issue. I usually use the keyboard shortcut to access quick unlock to enter credentials into apps. After entering the password, quick access disappears and won't react to the shortcut anymore. To reactivate it I have to open the 1Password app. The same happens when using the quick unlock via the FireFox browser plugin. Should I also send a diagnostic report?

1Password Version: 8.10.13
    Extension Version: 2.14.1
    OS Version: macOS 13.5.1 (M1)
    Browser: Firefox

• Hello @Murgi! 👋

I've split your question into a separate thread so that we can discuss it independently. I'm sorry that Quick Access is sometimes not working for you. As a start, can you please check the following setting:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click on General.

Is "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" turned on? If it isn't then can you turn it on and then try to reproduce the issue again. If it is already turned on, or turning it on doesn't fix the issue, then can you restart your Mac and then try to reproduce the issue again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Murgi
    Murgi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P!

thank you for the response.

Is "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" turned on? If it isn't then can you turn it on and then try to reproduce the issue again. If it is already turned on, or turning it on doesn't fix the issue, then can you restart your Mac and then try to reproduce the issue again.

Enabling this feature actually fixes the issue. As soon as I disable this option, Quick Access shows up when I press the hotkey and I can enter the master password and then the quick access window disappears. With the option enabled, it works as intended.

This seems like a rather new bug as this used to work previously.

Best wishes,
    Fabian

• @Murgi

Thanks for the reply. We do have an internal issue open to look into this behaviour and I've added your report there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

For now, the best option is to keep 1Password's icon in the menubar turned on since this option also controls whether 1Password's processes continue to run in the background even if the main window is closed.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17554

This discussion has been closed.