Where do I configure the default autofill information?

Options

When I go register at a new website, I get prompted with suggestions for the particular field like email. The behavior I am seeing though is that besides my regular email address, it is also offering up a second one which is not mine. Where would that information be coming from and how do I control it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS
Browser: Vivaldi

Comments

• Hey @earroyave,

The suggestions you are seeing come from Identity items saved within your 1Password. To view or edit these, click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to unlock it and then change the dropdown beneath the search to 'Identities'. You should then be able to locate the email address within one of the items listed here.

Let us know how you get on!

• earroyave
    earroyave
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Is the intent to have a single identity listed for the autofill? What if I have entered our family's members, is there a way to tag mine for autofill purposes only?

• Hey @earroyave,

If you want to add Identity items, for example for your family members, that you don't want to see in suggestions the current solution would be to create a new vault to put these items in and then you can disable that vault from appearing in autofill suggestions using these steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Scroll down to 'Accounts & Vaults' and untoggle the vault

I hope this helps!

• earroyave
    earroyave
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Will give it a try to see how it works.

• You're welcome @earroyave, let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.