Sign-In With....., Not Working

Options
Wildcat_1
Wildcat_1
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

HI there
Not sure if there is a trick to this or not but I cannot get 1PSW desktop app to recognize then capture Sign In With (Apple, Google etc) logins. Tried this yesterday on MoviesAnywhere and no joy. Is there something I'm missing or does this only work on x platform at this time ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Wildcat_1,

In order to use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers you will need to use 1Password in your browser. Before we go any further, can you let me know if you have this installed and enabled in your browser?

You can find out some more information here: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

What's the issue with supporting Sign-In with XXX in Safari? I know autofill works if you manually add the entry to 1PW. But quite frankly, not automatically saving such logins in 1PW is really a half-baked solution. Is this feature being actively developed or has it been buried in the backlog?

• Hey @OAW,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you referring to adding a sign in with provider that is not currently supported? Any details or examples you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you!

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Let’s say I go to a site and use Sign in with Apple in the Safari browser. 1PW does not offer to save those credentials at all. In other browsers it will but for some reason Safari is not invited to the party. However, 1PW will autofill Sign in with Apple credentials even in Safari if it’s been manually added previously. This is a half baked solution so I’m just wondering if you all are actively working on adding full support for Safari with the Sign in with Apple feature or if this is just buried in a development backlog somewhere?

• Thank you for getting back to me @OAW, Safari should indeed have the same level of support as the other browsers you use.

Can you let me know which version of 1Password for Safari you have installed?

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles I am running 1Password browser extension version 2.19.0
    21900005, on STABLE channel.

• Thank you for getting back to me @OAW.

Can you provide me with an example of a website you have experienced this with so I can do some testing in Safari?

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles You can try www.bestbuy.com.

• Thank you for getting back to me @OAW, I see what you are saying.

As you have described, if you use 1Password for Safari on a Mac or iOS device, you won't be able to save or update logins in your browser that use sign-in providers, but you can use 1Password to sign in to websites with logins you saved in a supported browser or app.

It looks like the team have an ongoing investigation to see if we can improve the support in Safari, I'm sorry for the disruption.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#14693