Any suggestions on how to quickly clean up duplicate passwords

Options

I am making one last effort to try and successfully implement 1Password.

I have imported the passwords from Safari and I’m now trying to clean up all duplicates from the import as well as duplicates that were in 1Password.

Any suggestions on how to quickly verify which are the correct passwords. I have about 1000 passwords stored

Once I find out the correct password, should I just put something in the name or should I use tags? Any other suggestions on how to signify the working passwords?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac/ios
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @SteveU75 thanks for reaching out!

To help me better understand the situation, can you let me know if you made a separate vault for your Safari passwords or if they are in an existing vault with your other passwords?

One way you can start cutting down your duplicates is by selecting the Watchtower feature in the desktop app and choosing "Items with duplicates". You can also choose "Reused passwords" or "Weak passwords" to let you know if you have any weak or reused passwords across any of your websites. Please note this will not show two logins for the same website if the passwords are different or if they are in different vaults.

If you're interested, you can learn more about the Watchtower feature:

Once you get back to me and we get things sorted out, you can use tags as you suggested, you can delete or archive the items, or you can put them in a separate vault and disable that vault in the browser extensions so you don't get autofill suggestions from it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• SteveU75
    SteveU75
    Community Member
    Options

2 vaults, 1 with everything that I brought over from Roboform and another that I imported from Safari Pws.

• Thanks for your reply, @SteveU75 !

If you haven't already, you can view the items in both vaults together in a collection without merging the vaults themselves: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Once you've selected a collection, you can sort the listed items by title or date modified/created to help you identify which items might be duplicates or out of date:

From that list, you can double-click items to view them in a new window, this will make it easier to compare items side by side. Once items are up to date, you can drag them from the item list onto a tag to apply that tag, or drag them onto a vault in the sidebar to move them there. You can also hold Cmd or Shift on your keyboard to select multiple items.

Let us know if we can help with anything along the way. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.