Quick Access with Fullscreen Apps

Options
kaofelix
kaofelix
Community Member

So, I know I will be yet another user banging the same drum, but I miss 1Password 7 so much. It worked flawlessly for me. I would press the shortcut for 1Password mini and it would pop up for me right there, wherever I needed it without fail.

Now, with Quick Access in 1password 8, it's making my life absolutely miserable since logging on and off of websites is one of the things that I do the most during my day job and the added friction is death by 10000 paper cuts. More often than not, I press the shortcut for Quick Access and absolutely nothing happens. There's no feedback, no indication of anything that's going on. After endless frustration, I learned that sometimes Quick Access would be stubbornly pinned one particular desktop or to a workspace of a full screen app and it would only appear there, but not on the current one where I'm in.

It should be possible to make Quick Access appear in front of me where I need it. 1password 7 did it, Alfred does it, Spotlight, etc. Never mind making it sync properly to the browser extensions and provide useful contextual passwords, this was always a bit spotty, even in 7, but at least give me Quick Access quickly right when I press the shortcut and let me search for what I need.

I've been a mostly happy user for more than 10 years now. Between this and being double charged for a few months for a subscription recently and hearing back from support "meh, can't do anything about it, it's Apple's problem" really gets to me.

1Password Version: 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @kaofelix! 👋

Thank you for sticking with us for more than 10 years! I'm sorry that your experience with the latest version has run into some friction. We aim to make 1Password intuitive and easy to use and we definitely have more work to do, I appreciate you taking the time to write in and report that issues that you're running into.

Our development team is currently investigating a few different issues when it comes to Quick Access, multiple desktops, and full screen apps. So that I can determine if you're running into one of these known issues, or a new issue, can you tell me the following:

1. When Quick Access opens on another desktop, are you running full screen Safari windows on multiple desktops? A single desktop? Or are you using a different browser/app full screen?
    2. If you right-click on the 1Password app's icon in your dock and click Options, do you see the app assigned to any particular desktop?
    3. Have you installed the 1Password extension in your browser?

Between this and being double charged for a few months for a subscription recently and hearing back from support "meh, can't do anything about it, it's Apple's problem" really gets to me.

I'm sorry that the support experience didn't meet your expectations. I can't see your account information, or the previous discussion, here on the public forums. If you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and post the Support ID that you receive from the auto-reply here, then I can have the team take a look and see if there's anything else that can be done. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24065
    ref: dev/core/core#22717
    ref: dev/core/core#11658
    ref: dev/core/core#10728