Dropbox Sync Quit Working

Options
SteveMouzon
SteveMouzon
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm still on v6 because for years, Dave Teare said "AgileBits will never ask for your master password," but then v7 did exactly that. So I'm still nervous about upgrading, although recent info gives me more comfort. But in the meantime, what would have made v6 quit syncing with my .agilekeychain file on Dropbox?

Also, if I were to upgrade to 8 where all my info is on your servers, what happens if I'm working offline, which regularly happens as I travel where wifi isn't available?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.5.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• @SteveMouzon

With a 1Password membership your data is also kept local on the device. During periods when you are away or without coverage the changes will be stored locally and when you connect later the data will be syncing to your other devices.

As to Dropbox, it is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. This article is a collection of common solutions for syncing problems.

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

We’re unable to troubleshoot issues with Dropbox beyond the scope of this article. If you’ve tried everything in the article and are still unable to sync, switch to a more reliable sync method.

Sync your 1Password data

• SteveMouzon
    SteveMouzon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy! I'll give these a try.

• @SteveMouzon

Sounds good! If you still can't get Dropbox-sync working then our team can help you migrate to 1Password 8, just send an email to support+forum@1Password.com

I'm still on v6 because for years, Dave Teare said "AgileBits will never ask for your master password," but then v7 did exactly that.

When using a 1Password account, your account password never leaves your device. Instead, we use the SRP handshake protocol to authenticate your account without ever sending your account password or Secret Key over the internet. You can read more about SRP here: How Secure Remote Password protects your 1Password account

-Dave