Autofill not Working on Chrome Anymore

Options
danapalooza
danapalooza
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Simple as that: works on every other browser I use (Safari and Firefox) but not on Chrome.

It WAS working but at some point [poof] it stopped.

I'm using it via the Quick Access feature of 1P. No 1P extensions turned on. That goes for all browsers and has been the case even when it was working in Chrome: it was working in Chrome without the extension turned on and continues to work in Safari (extension off) as well as Firefox (extension never installed)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018040)
Extension Version: not installed
OS Version: MacOS 14 Sonoma
Browser: Version 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (arm64)

Comments

• Hello @danapalooza! 👋

I'm sorry that Universal Autofill isn't working in Chrome. Our developers are aware of an issue where, if you don't have the browser extension installed, Universal Autofill won't work in Chrome. The team is investigating and I've added your report to our internal work item for the issue.

For the time being, as a temporary workaround, installing the browser extension will get Universal AutoFill working again: 1Password – Password Manager - Chrome Web Store

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24126

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks for the response. Is there an estimate on when this would be fixed?

Appreciate your time.

• @danapalooza

I don't have an ETA to share. When and if a fix is released, it'll be noted in our release notes: 1Password for Mac Releases

-Dave

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Ah. Is slated to be fixed? (since you said, "if") Is it on the roadmap? Or should I not hold my breath? 🙂

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@danapalooza

Thanks for the follow up and I'm sorry for the confusing wording. The issue is open with our developers and they'll investigate further. The team is aware that this is something in need of fixing but I don't have any other news or details to share at the moment.

-Dave

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there! Checking in! Any updates?

• Hey @danapalooza,

I have just checked in on the issue and whilst there are no updates from our end we have had reports that updating to MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2 has resolved the issue. Can you let me know if this works for you?

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles It does not seem to have fixed it

• Sorry @danapalooza for any confusion. The issue remains open on our end.

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

Correction: it worked two times yesterday. Out of … countless times using it

• I'm sorry for the disruption @danapalooza.

Thank you for your patience whilst our team work to resolve this.

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

Me again.

What's the word? Any luck on fixing this? Can I expect a fix in the next update?

• @danapalooza

Apologies but we're unable to provide an ETA on when a fix will be available. Keep an eye on our release notes which note all fixes that are included in a new update: 1Password for Mac Releases

-Dave

• danapalooza
    danapalooza
    Community Member
    Options

Autofill does seem to be working now … right after I almost completed moving my entire workflow over to Safari ;^] but appreciate that it is now working again

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @danapalooza, thank you for getting back to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm glad to hear that Universal Autofill is working as expected in the browser.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

-Evon