Passkeys on chromebook

Options

I installed 1password in Chrome on my Chromebook from Google Play. There is no section under Watchtower for passkeys. I know there are many sites that offer passkeys because they show up on my android phone in Watchtower. Am I not actually running 1password 8? I don't see how to tell which browser version I'm running.

1Password Version: ??
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: ChromeOS 118.0.5993.124
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @MarkL1,

2.17.1 is the latest version of 1Password in your browser and it does indeed support passkeys. There is no Watchtower section within 1Password in the browser, however, if you have items for websites that support passkeys you should see a banner saying 'Passkey available' at the top of the item.

In addition, you can see which websites support passkeys here: https://passkeys.directory/

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

OK I see what you're talking about, I'm confused about the difference between the the browser and the extension in the browser. In the image below, I have a tab open in chrome for 1password that has an entry called Watchtower along the left edge, and it does not have an entry labeled "Passkeys available" like my android phone does:

The next image is what opens when I click on the 1password icon to the right of the URL field in my Chrome browser, and it shows the "Passkey available" banner on each site that you described:

I'd like to understand what I'm looking at. I thought the first image above is 1password in my browser and the second image is 1password in the extension in my browser. What are these two things called and why doesn't the thing labeled watchtower in the first image show me what sites have passkeys available like my phone does?
    tnx

• @MarkL1

I'm sorry for the confusion. We refer to our browser extension (the second image that you posted) as "1Password in the browser". You can indeed see Watchtower banners in the extension alerting you to logins that support passkeys.

1Password.com is our website and the version of Watchtower there doesn't yet have the ability to tell you about passkeys. However, I've filed a feature request on your behalf to make the Watchtower feature more consistent between the apps, the extension, and the website.

Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-36998929

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I get it now. Happy Thanksgiving

• You're welcome @MarkL1, let us know if you have any further questions.

Happy Thanksgiving!