Feature request: Change how favorites work in shared vaults

Options
BramBE
BramBE
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Business and Teams

Hi,

When someone tags a login as favorite in a shared vault, it is tagged as shared for everyone with access to that vault and will appear in their favorites list.

A workaround would be to use a collection that would not include the vault that has the shared favorite, but this is not always possible.

I propose to make it an option:
When selecting a favorite in a shared vault, to be able to select it only for yourself or for the whole group.

When someone else doesn't want it, they should be able to remove it only for themselves or for the entire group (or maybe just an alert that they'll be removing it for the entire group).

This issue was originally brought up in 2019.
is there any update on this?

https://1password.community/discussion/105039/favourite-items-are-being-added-by-another-person-in-my-team

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited January 13
    Options

Hi @BramBE,

I don't have any updates to share about this request, though I can report that our team is still collecting feedback on the topic and reviewing it. I've also shared your feedback internally with the rest of team for consideration; thanks for taking the time to suggest this.

ref: pb-37135265

• seb9348
    seb9348
    Community Member
    Options

Much needed feature. To not be able to add Favorites (for myself) is very limiting.

• Thanks for sharing your input as well, @seb9348.

• seb9348
    seb9348
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed that the favourites question has been a thing in these forms since 2016, being brought up several times thru the years.

You (1password) stated that how 1password was coded back in the day makes it a big task to change how shared vaults and favourites work.
    But it's been not only a few years, it's been at least 7-8 years now. Put some effort and money in to fix this old code and make it so we can have our own favourites?

Will this ever be addressed? And if so, how long do you think it will take? I mean, is it 1 year or 10 years?

• @seb9348

Thank you for the feedback. I've let the team know that you're still eager to see per-user favourites be added to 1Password in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37808373

• macgirl
    macgirl
    Community Member
    edited March 25
    Options

Please add the ability to favorite just for oneself. Many of us use 1Password to help team members that are confused by technology. Shared favorites actively causes confusion and stress.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@macgirl

Thank you for sharing the experiences of you and the users that you support. I've passed your comments along to our Product team but I wanted to know a few more details so that I could share them with the team as well:

1. Are your users using a 1Password Families membership? Or are these employees of a company who use 1Password Business or Teams?
    2. Would introducing your users to the collections feature help so that they know how to view only the items that they'd like to see at a certain moment?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: PB-38962799