1Password button in textboxes not working any longer

Options
Daniel1
Daniel1
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The 1Password button in the texboxes does not work any longer in Firefox. When I click on it, nothing happens. Issues started a couple of days ago.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• NeuroticGamer99
    NeuroticGamer99
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm seeing same behavior
    1Password Version: 8.10
    Extension Version: 2.15.1
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Browser: Firefox 120.0

• NeuroticGamer99
    NeuroticGamer99
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting the browser fixed the problem. In 2024, I've experienced several issues within Firefox on multiple computers that appears to be resource starvation, leakage, or runaway CPU utilization after extended (days) usage. I've not yet isolated it to a specific plug-in.

I've had the OP's "bug" multiple times this year. I'm now suspecting that it is possibly unrelated to 1Password plug-in.

• Thank you for the update @NeuroticGamer99.

@Daniel1, do these steps improve things at all:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Turn off the setting that says 'Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app'
    3. Quit both your browser and your 1Password app.
    4. Open and unlock your 1Password app
    5. Open your browser and repeat steps 1 & 2 to re enable the integration.

Let us know how you get on!

• bennett
    bennett
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies to hijack the thread, but I'm having the same issue in Safari.

@steph.giles I followed your instructions—before, it was showing the browser extension wasn't working—after, the button in the toolbar works, but I can't use the button in web forms (it does nothing), and I also can't autofill using the toolbar extension (it suggests websites correctly, but when I click autofill nothing happens)

• Hi @bennett,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I'd like to ask you to recreate the behaviour and send over a console log from your browser so we can take a closer look at what may be going wrong. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/.

Please attach it to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• bennett
    bennett
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@steph.giles sure thing, but it might be quicker to just tell you what it's logging: nothing at all. Support ID: #LMW-54625-425

• bennett
    bennett
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@steph.giles wait, that was the logs for the page, not the web extension. I've replied to the bot and attached the real logs this time [#LMW-54625-425]

• Hey @bennett, thanks for getting back to us. I see that my colleagues have reached out to you via email and it does look like we received the correct logs. We can continue the conversation there. 🙂

• NeuroticGamer99
    NeuroticGamer99
    Community Member
    Options

Following up on my earlier Firefox and restarting the browser. I've again experienced the OP's issue. Restarting the browser does fix the problem. Given other issues I've had with websites (not 1Password) after multi-day sessions of Firefox, I'm not convinced the issue is in the 1Password Extension, especially as the toolbar icon is still functioning and able to autofill forms and passwords.

• @NeuroticGamer99

I'm sorry that you ran into the issue again. The next time it occurs, please generate a console log so that we can investigate further: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Attach the console log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave