Print items using 1Password 7

Options
svialle
svialle
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have a 1password 7 account can I make a printed copy of my passwords I really don't
care about security I just want a hard copy. Please just tell me yes or no. If yea how do I do
it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @svialle! 👋

Thanks for the question! I don't recommend printing your passwords since that will remove them from the secure and encrypted environment of 1Password. Any exported or printed copy of your passwords will be in plain text and so will be readable by anyone who views it.

In addition to this if you change any of your passwords in the future the exported or printed copy will become outdated. Rather than exporting and printing your items then might be a better way to accomplish your goal. Let me know why you're trying to print your items and I would be happy to help.

If you would like to go ahead and print out your data then you can follow these steps using the 1Password 7 for Mac desktop app:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 for Mac.
    2. Select the vault you want to export.
    3. Press Command and A on your keyboard to select all of the items in the vault.
    4. Click on File > Print. Enter your account password when prompted.
    5. Follows the prompts to print your items.

I also wanted to mention that, with the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest version as soon as you have the chance.

-Dave

• svialle
    svialle
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for information.

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave