How do I move all items from one vault to another?

Options

How do I move all items from one vault to another?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @kimillig,

I'm Scott on the 1Password Customer Experience team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about moving items between vaults in 1Password. Our support article about how to Move or copy items shows all of the options for each of the 1Password clients, but a quick way to move all items is to use the 1Password app. Here's how it works:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app on Mac, Windows, or Linux.
    2. In the sidebar, click on the name of the vault which contains items you wish to move to another vault.
    3. Click on any item in the item list. Then press the Select All keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + A on Windows and Linux, Cmd + A on Mac) to select all items.
    4. Drag any selected item in the list, and drop it on another vault in the sidebar. All of the selected items will be moved.

There are a few situations when this may not work:

• If you are moving items between vaults in different accounts in different regions, attachments cannot be moved in this way. Move items without attachments first, then recreate the items with attachments manually.
    • Items with custom icons and related item links won't have these after they are moved.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,

• kimillig
    kimillig
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Scott. It is SO easy to do when you know how to do it! LOL

• On behalf of Scott, you're very welcome, @kimillig.