Incompatibility with a Comenity.net website?

Options

Hello,

My wife has a "Woman Within" credit card, and I can't use the Autofill function of 1Password in the browser when I go to the credit card website (https://c.comenity.net/womanwithin/). If I do this, it will always tell me that the info I entered doesn't match their records. I always have to copy and paste the username and password from 1Password or the extension and then it will login properly.

It will login properly if I copy & paste the credentials on the main login page. I've tried this with the latest 1Password extensions (2.19.0) and the latest versions of Safari and Chrome on my Mac. I just tried it on my iPad and I got the same results.

Other websites work fine, so it's not my setup. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

1Password Version: 8.10.23
Extension Version: 2.19.0
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1, ipadOS 17.2
Browser: Safari, Chrome

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @jrmiller, thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with 1Password.

Many banking sites impose password restrictions and security measures that do little to increase user security, while ultimately making it more difficult for users to rely on password managers to fill their complex passwords. It's very possible that this bank website has a specific security measure.

Just to double check, after using the 1Password extension to autofill, add an extra character in the username and password field then delete it, then click "Sign In". Does the website accept the credentials?

If the above doesn't work, does the website also reject the credentials if you use Universal Autofill from the 1Password desktop app? By default, the keyboard shortcut is ( CMD⌘ + \ ) to Autofill in the browser.

Let me know how that goes, @jrmiller.

• jrmiller
    jrmiller
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that was an interesting experiment! I tried your first suggestion of adding and deleting an extra character before signing in, and the website immediately locked the account. I reset the password using 1Password's suggested password, and was able to log in. And now I can log in through Safari and Chrome using the autofill function from the 1Password extension!

I checked the password history, and I changed it 6 months ago to a password with 100 characters (I'm not sure if it matters, but the last character was the @ sign). The website accepted it, but apparently that's what caused the issue. The password now is 19 characters (letters, numbers and symbols) and now everything works as it should.

Thank you, @EvonG1P, for pointing me in the correct direction!

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hey @jrmiller, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that you can now autofill as expected.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with! 🙂