Reset iOS app v7.10.2 and connect to new Mac WLAN server

Options
TheBestOrNothing
TheBestOrNothing
Community Member
edited January 18 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use app version 7.10.2 on my iPhone and would like to reset the app to factory settings.
To do this, I found the menu item “Advanced” > “Delete all 1Password data” in the settings. Is this the correct way to do this?

I would like to reset the app on my iPhone so that I can sync the new vault with my Mac (v7.9.11) via WLAN server.
There is currently an old vault connected to the iPhone app that I no longer use. (I have already successfully reset the app on my Mac, now only the new safe is connected to it).
However, I don't want to delete the entire iPhone app and download it again from the AppStore because then I'll download version 8, right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @TheBestOrNothing! 👋

Thank you for the question. WLAN sync is an old advanced legacy sync feature in 1Password 7 which is no longer supported and that we can't provide assistance for beyond the scope of these articles:

Our recommendation is to use a 1Password account moving forward which handles sync automatically: Sync your 1Password data

However, I don't want to delete the entire iPhone app and download it again from the AppStore because then I'll download version 8, right?

If you remove the 1Password 7 for iOS app from a device then, on the same device and using the same Apple ID, you can redownload the 1Password 7 app from your purchase history:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Purchased.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button.

I hope that helps.

-Dave

• TheBestOrNothing
    TheBestOrNothing
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You - it works perfectly

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave