Apple passkey and 1password

Options
telUK
telUK
Community Member
edited February 1 in Lounge

Hi

I saw a few post's late last year on here mentioning it's not possible to store apple passkeys in 1password yet.
Is that still the case despite seeing the passkey available notification in 1password?

Also if its possible now, do we require to have iCloud Keychain enabled like it mentions on apple support pages, I don't personally have it enabled, seen as I use 1p.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @telUK

I'm sorry it's not possible at this time. https://passkeys.directory/ Specifically for Apple https://passkeys.directory/details/apple/

You are not yet able to save passkeys for Apple ID accounts in third-party credential managers and can only be stored in iCloud Passwords at this time.

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_tommy

Thanks for confirming.

If I were to enable keychain so I could use apple passkeys within keychain, would that interfere with 1password, with regards to updating passwords, autofilling and such?

I will have to have a look, maybe there are settings I can disable so apple keychain doesn't prompt to save password, autofill on safari.

• You should be able to use either or both though occasionally you might see inline prompts that overlap. That's about the only thing that comes to mind as far as usability goes. If you like there are some settings within Safari > Settings > Autofill. I have several of mine turned off. Specially the passwords options and credit cards.

• nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, what could possibly be improved is that watchtower does not display the warning/hint for passkey for Apple.com login items, since it is currently not possible to save the passkey from Apple.com in 1Password anyway.

• @nNfEfRtqUHrmDWYdocjh

Thank you for the feedback, that sounds like a good idea and I've passed it along to the team.

For the time being, you can dismiss the Watchtower banner by choosing Ignore. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/web/watchtower.1password.com#176