Steps in inviting family member

Options
LDaniel
LDaniel
Community Member

I recently switched from a single to Family account, and have sent an invitation to a family member. She was previously on my 1P Family account, but deleted it because she wasn't using it. Can she create a new login? She has not kept any of the login details she used previously. I presume she shouldn't use my Master Password.*

1Password Version: Mac 8.10.24
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 14.2.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @LDaniel,

Thanks for your message. If this family member was removed and re-invited, this process will allow the user to create a new account password and will be provided with a new Secret Key:

Once they've accepted the invite and signed in to their new account, they can move forward with 1Password in the browser and the 1Password app:

I hope this help, but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

• LDaniel
    LDaniel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. She has got through the Secret Key stage but we're not sure if her browser / app is still confusing her new login with a previous one. Will give it a try again soon. Appreciate your note.

• @LDaniel

Checking in on you folks. Are you continuing to have trouble? If so, please let us know.

• LDaniel
    LDaniel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for checking - all good. She is up and running. 👍

• You're welcome, and great job, too