How to setup 1Password on an IPAD (IPadOS 17.5) with license V7

MaMaHuerth
MaMaHuerth
Community Member

Hello community,

I to have an 1password license Version 7 (wich is in use on Mac and iPhone). Now I like to add a new iPad running IPadOS. I installed 1password client, but there is no option using the license which I have bought.

After some research I could not find any step-by-step instruction how get the job done.

Hope someone in the community can provide advise.

Many thanks in advance
Mathias

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 17.5
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @MaMaHuerth! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you might have installed 1Password 8 which requires a subscription. If you've previously downloaded 1Password 7 for iOS then you can download it from your purchase history:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Apps.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Apps or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find 1Password 7, then tap the download button.

That being said, 1Password 7 is an older version of the app that is no longer supported. I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8. You mentioned that you have a license for 1Password 7, we're currently offering big discounts on 1Password memberships to users who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It you're interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our billing team can offer you a heavily discounted 1Password membership. 😊

-Dave