I don't understand the new capsule/button in each field...

Options

I am a long-time user of 1Password, and very comfortable with utilizing keyboard shortcuts to enter information in fields in Safari.

For some reason, keyboard shortcuts since upgrading to version 8 are inconsistent, and I am pulling out my hair trying to figure out the system.

Also, the little capsule/button in each field has a caret that points in different directions, and I cannot figure out the pattern of this element, either.

Can anybody point me to an explanation of these elements, so that I can go back to using my keyboard shortcuts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• david.m_1P
    Options

Hi @sawxray, thanks for reaching out!

Are there any particular 1Password keyboard shortcuts you're encountering issues with? Can you elaborate on what you're experiencing when attempting to use them?

Also, the little capsule/button in each field has a caret that points in different directions, and I cannot figure out the pattern of this element, either.

The 1Password inline menu icon will appear in fields when "Offer to fill and save passwords" is enabled in the 1Password extension's settings. The chevron symbol beside the icon helps to indicate when the menu is open or closed. When the field is in focus, you can press the Down Arrow key to open the menu and press the Esc key to close it. While the menu is open you can navigate through the list of suggestions by pressing the Up Arrow or Down Arrow keys. When the extension is locked, a small padlock will appear in the place of the chevron to indicate the current locked state.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-David