Bring 1PW6 DropBox to 1PW7 Family

pmaglalang
pmaglalang
Community Member

I’ve just upgraded to 1PW7 Family after using 1PW6 that was synced to my DropBox. I download 1PW7 and created my account, opened up the app, installed extensions, invited my wife who accepted.

I then noticed the passwords in the app and online in the browser were old. I had tried 1PW7 in 2019 (or so) and reverted back to 1PW6 and I’ve been using 6 with Dropbox until June 2024 (today). I still have the DropBox file that has my 1PW6 data but how do I replace all these old passwords that I have on 7 Family?

I actually double clicked the file that’s in DropBox and it opened in 1PW7 and crated a new vault (?) bit now it’s showing everything I had in 7 in 2019 and everything I had until today in 6 including duplicates.

I can turn off Primary and just view the DropBox vault but I want to be able to use the family plan to share password and data with my wife.

Please help. I panicked when I saw old passwords but felt a bit better when I was able to double click the Dropbox file even though there are duplicates. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6-7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS & Mac
Browser: Safari

Comments

• pmaglalang
    pmaglalang
    Community Member

I found this in support and has anyone done this and copy to Drop Box instead.

Step 4: Migrate your data to your 1Password account

Next, 1Password will prompt you to move your data over to your new 1Password account. Click Move Data and follow the onscreen instructions to finish migrating your data.

If 1Password doesn’t prompt you to move your data, you can manually move items into your account:

Click Vault in the menu bar and select Switch to Vault > Primary.
    Click All Items in the sidebar.
    Select any item in the list, then click Edit in the menu bar and select Select All.
    Click Item in the menu bar and select Copy to Vault > Personal or Private.
    Sign in to your account on 1Password.com to make sure all your items are there.
    In 1Password 7 for Mac, click Vault in the menu bar and select Switch to Vault > Primary.
    Click Vault in the menu bar and select Delete Vault.

• Hello @pmaglalang! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry that you're running into issues when migrating items from your old Dropbox vault. 1Password 7 is now also an old and unsupported version of 1Password and I recommend that you use 1Password 8 going forward.

You can find our migration guides here:

However, since you're in the middle of a migration and you see duplicate items, I recommend that you reach out to our dedicated migration team so that they can help set you on the right path. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and include a link to this thread. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• pmaglalang
    pmaglalang
    Community Member

Dave, thank you very much for the response! I am in contact with the migration team now and all is good!

• @pmaglalang

I'm glad to hear that you're in contact with the team. Since there's an ongoing conversation via email, I'll close this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: XBQ-77855-525

This discussion has been closed.