Cannot delete 1Password 7 or remove it's extension from Safari

Myname
Myname
Community Member

I have 1Password and 1Password 7 on my machine and 1Password 7 will not quit and keeps popping up front of Safari, it's now additionally removing URL's from open tabs as it's, essentially, a legacy piece of software now, but I can't delete it!

2023 MacBook Pro, M2 MAX, OS 14.5, Safari 17.5, 1Password 8.10.34

When I try to delete 1 PW 7 from my MBP, it will not delete as it's open or because there are extensions related to it (and yes, the 1PW7 extension is there in Safari Settings / Extensions), which can't be deleted because they're part of 1PW 7. Feel like I'm in a Catch 22 loop!

Hoping someone can help!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.9.11
OS Version: OS 14.5
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi there @Myname

It sounds like some part of 1Password 7 is still running, so you can use Activity Monitor to quit all of its processes. Here's what to do:

1. In the Finder, click Go menu > Utilities.
    2. Open Activity Monitor.
    3. Search for "1Password" in the top-right corner.
    4. Select all the matching processes in the list. Click one, then Select All with ⌘A (Command–A) or click the Edit menu > Select All.
    5. Click the "🛑 stop" button in the toolbar and Force Quit. If you can't see this button, you may need to make the window bigger.
    6. When all processes disappear and the list is empty, you should then be able to move 1Password 7 to the Trash from the Applications folder.

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey