1Pass doesn't autofill Reddit TOTP

Hello,

I recently set up 2FA for most of my websites, including Reddit. My Reddit 2FA TOTP Code is saved in 1Password. When I tried to log into Reddit today, I was able to auto-fill the username and password, but there were some issues:

• I had to click on the password field for it to be autofilled, which normally isn't the case.
  • The auto proceed/confirm didn't work.

But the main problem was on the next screen where the TOTP was requested. On other websites where I've set up 2FA with 1Password, this code is automatically filled in by the extension. However, for Reddit, that's not the case. I had to manually open the extension, copy the code and paste it into the box.

At first I thought it was because when logged out, my Reddit defaults to being German, and I've had issues with auto-filling German websites in the past. But even after changing my browser language to English (which changed the Reddit interface to English), the TOTP still wasn't auto-filled.

Please check and fix this if possible.

1Password Version: 8.10.35
Extension Version: 2.25.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Brave

Comments

• dragon1
    dragon1
    Community Member

It's a known issue. The wrote they're working on it...

• Hi @honumael, thanks for reaching out!

I can confirm that these are known issues, as @dragon1 has pointed out. Our development team has implemented some improvements for filling the one-time password which are being tested in the 1Password beta extension. The adjustments should allow you to select your Reddit Login item via the inline menu while on the two-factor authentication page. If you'd like to try it out, you can install and switch over to using the 1Password beta extension:

If you'd rather wait for the changes to make their way to the stable release, I'd suggest continuing to drag and drop or copy and paste the one-time password in the meantime.

I had to click on the password field for it to be autofilled, which normally isn't the case.
    The auto proceed/confirm didn't work.

I've shared the experience you've outlined here with our development team while they investigate the issue, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

-David

ref: dev/core/core#24532
    ref: dev/core/core#30579

• dragon1
    dragon1
    Community Member

For me drag & drop didn't work. Had to copy/paste it.

• @dragon1

I'm sorry that the drag and drop method isn't working for you. It's strange that's the case, as I'm able to drag and drop as well as copy and paste the one-time password. Do you experience the same behaviour when trying to drag and drop the password or username? Can you clarify which browser and version of 1Password you're using?

-David

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Our development team has made improvements to how 1Password handles the login fields on reddit.com. Please update to 8.10.48:

If you still see the issue with 8.10.48 then let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#30579