Cannot log in on developer.apple.com/download site with 1Password

When logging into this Apple developer site, 1Password is unable to proceed after filling the login id into the field. The enter button is greyed out, which presumably means that the web page did not detect the "keyboard" input. See attached screen shot.

A workaround is to do cmd-\ which apparently better simulates keyboard input and this works.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.44 (81044021)
Extension Version: 8.10.44.21
OS Version: macOS 15.1 Beta (24B5024e)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited August 23

Hello @mirv! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to sign in to your Apple Developer account when filling your login credentials using 1Password. I suspect that you're running into an issue that our developers are currently investigating in the beta/nightly version of the extension.

Could you try to temporarily switch to the stable version of 1Password for Safari (2.27.1) and try to reproduce the issue using that version?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27143

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

OK I just tried the stable version of 1Password for Safari (2.27.1) as you suggest and this now works fine. So I guess it's a bug in the newer version.

• @mirv

I'm glad that the stable version is working better. Our development team is aware of the issue in the beta/nightly, hopefully a fix will be available soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

This problem is still happening, FYI.

macOS 15.1 Beta (24B5070a)
    Safari Version 18.1 (20619.2.8.11.4)
    1Password for Safari 8.10.48.17
    1Password for Mac 8.10.50 (81050003)

• @mirv

The issue is still open in our development team's backlog and I don't have any updates to share at the moment.

-Dave

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

OK no problem, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

• Thanks for following up! 🙂

When the issue is fixed you'll see it noted in our release notes: 1Password in the browser Beta Releases

-Dave