Unable to edit newly-created password entry from app or extension

I'm on a web page, creating a new account for a service. I generate new passwords using the little pop-up box that appears next to the password edit-text item on the page, then Save it in 1Password extension's little window that pops up.

On the same page is a requirement to create security questions and answers. I want to use 1Password to generate the answer. I open the 1Password app and search for the newly-created password entry; it's not there.

I click on the 1Password icon in my Safari title bar, and the password entry appears. However, I am unable to edit it. I click on the three-dot menu and choose Edit, but I'm unable to make any changes. There is no option to 'open in 1Password', so I can't force it to open the entry in the app.

There appears to be a disconnect between the creation of the password entry in the browser and its recognition by the 1Password app. Also, the Edit command in the browser extension does not work under these conditions.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.44 (81044034)
Extension Version: 8.10.46.34
OS Version: macOS 15.0 (24A335)
Browser: Safari version 18.0 (20619.1.26.31.6)

Comments

• Hello @NomadUK! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to see or edit a newly saved login using the 1Password app. So that I can better understand the situation can you tell me the following:

1. Does the issue occur on a specific website?
    2. If you wait a few minutes then do you see the saved login in the 1Password app?
    3. When the issue occurs, do you see the saved login when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member

I haven't had time to try to reproduce this, but will try to take a look at it this week.

• Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 🙂

-Dave