MS Edge extension not suggesting passwords

I know I must have both the "Password Sync" and "Offer to save passwords" options enabled in this browser. I have sync turned on in my profile, but when I access settings>profiles>Password the "offer to save passwords" is greyed out. When I hover over the jigsaw piece it says "this setting is managed by 1Password" but in the 1Password extension setting there is nothing to turn on.

1Password Version: 8.10.46
Extension Version: 8.10:46.26
OS Version: macOS 15
Browser: Edge

Comments

• meherally1
    meherally1
    Community Member

• Hello, @meherally1. Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the 1Password community forums! 🙂

The options mentioned refer to Microsoft Edge's built-in Passwords feature. If the 1Password extension is the default password manager, Offer to save passwords should be turned off. Additionally, 1Password in the browser Autofill options are accessed through the extensions menu settings. Here's how:

1. Open Edge.
    2. Click the 1Password icon in Edge's toolbar to activate and unlock it.
    3. Click the menu icon ( ☰ ) and select Settings. Alternatively, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings.
    4. In the Autofill & save section, you can adjust the Autofill settings there.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with 1Password in the browser not suggesting passwords. Are you experiencing this on all websites or a specific one? Is the 1Password icon visible in the email/username/password field? If so, what happens when you click the icon? Does the Inline menu appear? Here's a screenshot for reference:

I look forward to your reply.

-Evon

• meherally1
    meherally1
    Community Member

Thank you Evon for responding. I have all the settings turned on except "sign in automatically" as in some cases it auto enters captcha characters and throws up error.

As to your question if the inline menu shows up, yes it does on all websites.

Usually, I encounter this issue when I use 'change password' on the site. After I have entered my previous password, I would like 1P to suggest a new strong password, but it does not. Just stays mum. lol.

Thank you for your help.

• @meherally1,

Does the issue occur on a specific website when changing/updating your password? If so, can you share the website URL with me so I can test things out?

-Evon

• meherally1
    meherally1
    Community Member

It happens on every site. I recently changed my password on Delta airlines, Dropbox, Atmos energy, Claris community and so on. Yes, the way to get a strong password is to click the 1P toolbar icon and it shows a password that can be copied and pasted, It does not show the suggestion in the password field itself.

• @meherally1,

That's unexpected behaviour. I couldn't create a test account on Delta or Atmos Energy; however, I was able to test two out of the four websites you mentioned and couldn't recreate the same behaviour. Does the 1Password icon appear in the change/new password fields? Can you check if the Use Suggested Password Inline menu option appears on this test website? -> https://autofill.me/form/change-password.

-Evon

• meherally1
    meherally1
    Community Member

Hi Evon, yes the suggestion appears in the above test site. In any case, I think the workaround I use to click on the 1P icon in the toolbar to get a suggestion does work for me. I can easily copy paste the suggestion from there in the new password field and 1P then updates the item. Thank you for working through this with me and appreciate the time and effort you gave to my query. We can close this for now. Thanks once again.

• @meherally1,

You're welcome. I'm glad the suggestions work on the test website. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting the issue on the specific websites, ping(@) me, and I'll be happy to investigate further. 🙂

-Evon

• meherally1
    meherally1
    Community Member

@EvonG1P , Okay it happened again on Air Canada website. I wanted to change my password to a stronger one and it would not suggest any on the reset password page. Bear in mind, I am not in Canada or US so maybe the IP address might have something to do with it.

What I am trying to do these days is to have the highest score in the watch tower, it was like 700 and now its up to 1114. So I am replacing all weak passwords, re-used passwords, Vulnerable passwords and in alphabetical order of websites. So you might later find me asking about a website that starts with D and then G . 😄

• @meherally1,

I'm sorry you're still encountering this problem. I definitely understand trying to get the highest score in Watchtower. 😄

So that I can take a closer look at the issue you are experiencing, I would like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com. With your email, please include the following:

1. First, please recreate the issue you are experiencing.
    2. Generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app and the 1Password extension using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    3. Attach both files to your email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, and I will be able to locate your message and ensure it has reached the right place. Thank you!

-Evon