Excluding websites from Identities

Short of just not using Identities to fill in contact forms, etc., is there any way to exclude specific websites from adding the name field "chips" to form fields?

I'm a genealogist and just about every genealogy website out there has some combination of "first name" and "last name" for searching records. But, 1Password interprets this as wanting to fill my contact information in. It would be nice to somehow exclude these sites from that functionality.

1Password Version: 8.10.46
Extension Version: 8.10.46.26
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello, @mladair. Thank you for writing in.

There isn't a way to turn off 1Password's Identity suggestions on specific domains. While I can't make any promises, I've shared your feedback with our Product team for further consideration.

In the meantime, you can temporarily turn off all suggestions on a specific webpage by right-clicking the field, selecting 1Password - Password Manager and clicking Hide on this page. This is a temporary solution and would require you to re-do the steps after every browser restart.

Alternatively, you can turn off the autofill menu on field focus in the 1Password extension. This will allow you to show/hide 1Password’s autofill menu manually as needed by clicking the 1Password icon within the field. Here’s how to turn that setting off:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings.
    2. In the Autofill & save section, toggle off Show autofill suggestions when a form field is in focus.

I hope that helps.

-Evon

ref:43423046