Duplicates after upgrade

7hills
7hills
Community Member
edited October 15 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I recently upgraded from 1Password 6 to 7. In doing so, I had to run migrations of my v6 vault. After the migration, I have 2 Vaults - Personal and Primary which are copies all passwords. I'd like to delete one Vault to get rid of the duplicates. I do not want a Vault online, just local and synced one of my cloud storage options.

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS14.7
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @7hills

Personal would indicate that you are using a 1Password membership. Primary would be the older vault from a non 1Password membership. If all of your data is in your membership vault you can remove the Primary.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#if-you-cant-upgrade-to-1password-8-on-one-of-your-devices

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com, 1Password.ca, or 1Password.eu to make sure you have the Secret Key and account password for it.
      Get help if you can’t sign in to your account.

2. Open and unlock 1Password 7, then add your account to the app.

3. Compare the number of items in your Primary vault with your Personal, Private, or Employee vault. If any items are missing from your vault, move them from your Primary vault.
    4. Choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary, then choose Vault > Delete Vault.
    5. Enter the password for your Primary vault, then click Delete Vault.
  • 7hills
    7hills
    Community Member

Thanks Tommy. I don't want to have a personal online vault. I only want one that is synced via cloud. I think I need to do some more research on which version is best for me.