Syncing with Dropbox or iCloud?

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

Does version 4 not allow syncing with both as 3 did? I prefer using Dropbox since I use different iCloud accounts but I had it set previously to sync with both.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi, @pappjo.

1Password 4 only supports using one sync service for each vault and iCloud Sync is currently limited to the primary vault (but may be expanded in the future). Here's a comment about this from @roustem (one of our developers):

Syncing with multiple sources has its issues. It turned out to be quite a bit slower because a change in one sync source forces us to immediately sync with another and so on.

And, if you're interested, here's another topic about it:

Multiple syncing possibilities at the same time (like in iOS)

I hope that information is helpful.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I was actually was thinking about the mobile apps that allow syncing to both. Sorry about the mistake. There's another issue that others are having as well. Dropbox syncing. I got it fixed by going back to syncing preferences and changing it from Dropbox disabling syncing and then reselecting Dropbox. That fixed the syncing issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @pappjo. 1P4 on iOS currently still supports synching with both Dropbox and iCloud together though might change in the future. Glad you resolved your Dropbox Sync issue with 1P4 on OS X. We're always looking for ways to improve syncing.

This discussion has been closed.