1password 4 MAS (null) no vault

Options
Rob225
Rob225
Community Member

I deleted and updated my 1password from the MAS and since then the ext in safari will not work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the main 1password and ext 3 times and no luck.

I can use the main program but if i use the safari ext it says (NULL) no vault. (but when the ext installs its says 1password mini found ok with a green tick)

Any help to fix this please?

Comments

• cmcd10
    cmcd10
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds like I have the exact same issue, but in Chrome. Fill/Login on a web page does nothing. If I click on the 1P extension icon, I see the locked window with "(null) Vault" in the password edit field. When I type the password, I get the following text in red: "There is no vault. Please open 1Password app." Of course, the 1Password app is already running in the background.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Rob225 and @cmcd10. I'm sorry you're both having this similar "(null) Vault" issue.

Have you ever previously used a beta version of1P4? @MikeT mentioned:

It is likely it [the extension] might be looking at the beta's files and not the MAS file, thus the null vault.

Even if you have never used a 1P4 beta please send us a Diagnostics Report that could better help us resolve this. Thanks!

• cmcd10
    cmcd10
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I participated in the beta program. I uninstalled the beta prior to upgrading 1P via MAS. I have Hazel running and Hazel deletes related files when deleting apps. Is there anything else I should do? I've run the diagnostic tool and submitted to support along with a link to this thread.

• Rob225
    Rob225
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was a beta tester, I removed the beta with app cleaner then deleted the ext in safari!

I have sent the diagnostics report now long will it take to fix?

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same situation. (Null vault) in the Safari extension.

Here's what I did to uninstall and reinstall 1Password 4:
    •App Cleaner with 1Password (beta).
    •Removed Safari extension '1Password (beta)'.
    •Installed 1Password 4 from MAS.
    •Downloaded 1Password 4 Safari extension from website.

It's quite strange - it worked half an hour ago and now it's showing up with that issue.

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Strange. There were two 1Password Mini processes in Activity Monitor. Killed both of them (force quit), and did the same with 1Password.

Now the Safari extension works. Problem might come back though.

• MikeT
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi folks,

We do not recommend using hazel or any app cleaning to clean up after 1Password, it's not a simple app that can be stopped simply be removing everything. There are background services that are running (1Password mini) that needs to be stop properly and then removed before trashing the app. We're currently writing a guide for our beta team on how to do this properly before switching over to the Mac App Store if they wish to stop testing our app.

Can you guys do this and tell me if it'll fix the problem:

1. Open Terminal.app from the Applications > Utilities folder
    2. Type in the following commands, one at a time:

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

3. Reboot the Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini

Does 1Password work now in your browsers?

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

I also participated in the beta and did not see the posting telling us to wait to install the Mac App Store App. The browser extensions do not work. They are the browser extensions installed from the Mac App Store app. The commands in Mike T's post did not work for me.

• Hi @davidharari,

Did the command succeed or was there an error? Was the browser extensions working for you during the betas?

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

The browser extensions worked for me during the betas. They also worked shortly after app store install and replacement with the new extensions from 1p4 app store version. There was no error after executing the commands. I just rebooted, however, and the browser extensions started working again. I guess the logout/in isn't enough. Maybe the fix temporary and still needs some cleanup from the beta. I'll see if it lasts, but would appreciate knowing if there is anything else we can do to cleanup and prevent lingering beta problems.

• Removing the beta version of the 1Password mini should be enough.

• davidharari
    davidharari
    Community Member
    Options

Is that what I did by executing the commands (launchctl) in your post above? Or is there something else I need to do to remove the beta 1password mini? I removed the beta app using app cleaner. Otherwise I didn't remove anything else.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT : Removing the beta version of the 1Password mini should be enough.

how do we do this ?

• Hi guys,

The instruction I wrote in the post #8 above is all that needs to be done to remove the beta version of 1Password mini.

You can also read that in our beta FAQs here.

• cmcd10
    cmcd10
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, MikeT - the Terminal commands appear to fixed the problem I was having. I don't know if the FAQ had been distributed to beta users before or not, but I didn't see it. Sure would have been handy to have seen previously. But thanks for your help to quickly resolve this.

• JonWW
    JonWW
    Community Member
    Options

Hey MikeT - Thanks! (Also a Beta Tester here) - I followed your instructions on Post #8, upon reboot 1PW crashed and I sent an error report, BUT when I opened it again (THEN did the help>relaunch helper part) it seemed to start working again.

Also, I had deleted the extension in both Safari and Chrome before the doing the terminal commands, and reinstalled AFTER I did the help>relaunch part. I use Chrome for work and Safari for personal, and this issue was happening in both. Seems fine now. Best!

• MikeT
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad to hear it's working now.

@cmcd10, we did post the FAQ in the beta forum here.

If anybody still have issues, please open a new thread for us. I'll close this as it is now resolved.

This discussion has been closed.