Trouble with twitter.com Login

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with twitter.com Login.

Comments

• tinkerer33
    tinkerer33
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem...and saving a new login didn't do the trick, for me anyway. I'm using the new version of mas 1password, 4.0.3.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to contact us, @tinkerer33. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I split your post from the other thread and moved it to the 1Password 4 category since you said you were using 1Password 4.

I am not able to reproduce any trouble filling twitter.com Logins (and I have about 10 of them). Can you confirm for me that you carefully followed these steps to create a new Login item in the browser? (The steps are different than the ones listed in the thread you originally posted in since those ones were for 1Password 3. Please also be sure to save the Login item in the browser extension not the main app.) Here are the steps:

Saving a new Login manually

Saving a new Login like this can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page. Login pages can change as websites are updated, and this can be a very helpful tip in those cases.

Please let me know how it goes and if you are having trouble filling on other sites or if it's just twitter.com.

• tinkerer33
    tinkerer33
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back so quick, I tried as you said saving a new login to twitter from the browser plugin, but no joy. And my other logins are working, so, either its 1password or my connection to twitter.com (but I can still type in my credentials manually and it works). Any suggestions? My browser extention is version 4.0.1.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@tinnkerer33 I always go to this page and login as the main Twitter landing page gives me fits. Its one of those love hate relationships as far as I am concerned. The twitter page that is.

https://twitter.com/login

• tinkerer33
    tinkerer33
    Community Member
    Options

bingo, that was it...wonder what it is about the main landing page that gives 1password problems? might be good to know for other logins.

• Hi @tinkerer33,

We have some extra code for Twitter in the extension if I recall correctly. The issue is how they designed the form on their landing page with a lot of hidden fields, it's done really awkwardly, and we had to add some extra code to work around it.

I'm glad Tommy was able to help you here with the right login page.

This discussion has been closed.