Cannot "Erase Data" in 1Password 4.3 for iOS

kenchen
kenchen
Community Member

When I select "Erase Data" in 1Password 4.3, my iPhone stays stuck on that screen until I exit the app. When I return to the app, the data is still there. This seems to be a bug. How else can I erase data and start fresh?

I'm using 1Password version 4.3 for iOS on my iPhone 4 running iOS 7.0.2. I did a USB Sync with data from 1Password 3.2/1Password 4.0.2 for the Mac (I have both versions running on my Mac).

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This did happen once to me. What I did which cured it was to force close 1P4 and restart it. I was then able to erase all data.

Stephen

• kenchen
    kenchen
    Community Member

That doesn't work. When 1Password 4 hangs after I press 'Erase Data', I can get out by hitting the 'home' button or the on/off switch. But when I return to the app, I still see my data. And when I press 'Erase Data', it still hangs. But I can get out by hitting the 'home' button again.

My work around to this bug is to remove the app from my iPhone then re-install it. Removing the app removes the app and its data. But, of course, this is not the ideal way.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Did you actually try force quitting the app, though? (It's not the same as simply exiting it.) It's slightly different depending on whether you're on iOS 6 or iOS 7 but it starts on both with pressing the home button twice. (Sorry if you already know all this.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenchen,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password is misbehaving for you right now. The issue that you're describing is actually a known bug, and our tech gurus have already managed to squash it! The next version should have this all fixed up for you. In the meantime, I do apologize for the inconvenience, your patience is much appreciated :)

• kenchen
    kenchen
    Community Member

Ok thanks for the response, guys! I'll be waiting for the update.

This discussion has been closed.