"Cannot Fill Item" in Google Chrome

Options
mitchellzone
mitchellzone
Community Member

Hi, my wife and I are both running Mac OS 10.8.5 and latest Google Chrome. I upgraded to 1P4 some time ago and it's been working fine for me.

My wife hasn't used it before, so 1P4 is a new installation for her. She gets the "Cannot Fill Item" error box when trying to use the 1P4 browser plugin with a reference to code signing, etc. I knew this was an issue in Chromium, but not the basic Chrome browser for OSX--besides, we both have the same config and it's working fine for me!

What's happening here, and is there a fix I can apply for her? Thanks.

/mike

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mitchellzone. I'm sorry the 1P4 extension for Chrome is being stubborn on your wife's Mac.

To fix the problem with symptoms you've reported @Meek recently suggested:

Please try reinstalling Chrome by downloading a fresh version from Chrome's website. That should fix it, but let us know if you are still experiencing this problem after trying that and we'll continue from there.

I also suggest you start with that and see if it works. If not, we're here to help you get it working properly. Thanks!

• blueshirts
    blueshirts
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. It only seems to happen with certain sites. I have tried re-installing Chrome I get the same errors. I am also getting the same errors on Firefox. I have a screen shot of the dialog though I don't have a place to host it. I double checked and Chrome is installed in /Applications/Google Chrome.app.

One of the sites that causes this error is:

http://www.safaribooksonline.com/

• mitchellzone
    mitchellzone
    Community Member
    Options

In our case, my wife simply rebooted and the problem seems to have resolved itself. It definitely wasn't a per-site issue for us--it happened everywhere.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

@mitchellzone: A system restart can be a workaround for this and other issues while we're finding specific causes and solutions for them. A possible reason for this one may be a 1P mini/extension connection loss after, for example, waking the system from sleep.

@blueshirts: Is this the error dialog you're seeing with Chrome?

Can you consistently reproduce the error with http://www.safaribooksonline.com/ and other sites? Does restarting your system make any difference? Which versions of Chrome, Firefox, and OS X are you running?

Dropbox, CloudApp, and Droplr are a few hosting services you can upload images to.

• Mike Newton
    Mike Newton
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am having the same problem and haven't been able to use 1password for months. When I first sign into a website the 1password window pops up asking to save this login. The problem is on literally every single website when I try to log back in I get the "Cannot Fill Item in Google Chrome" message.

This has rendered 1password completely unusable for me. Any idea on how I can fix this? I'm using the 1password software application, I'm on a Mac running 10.9.3, using Chrome 35.0.1916.114, and the Chrome 1password extension.

• Mike Newton
    Mike Newton
    Community Member
    Options

By the way I'm using 1password 4.4. I just checked for a software update but received a message that I'm up to date with the most recent version.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Mike,

It sounds like this trouble you've been having with 1Password has the same symptom that other folks have been reporting in this topic:

Cannot fill due to code sig verification [Solution: Configure Sophos]

Please let us know if (re)configuring Sophos also resolves it for you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.