Problems adding Folder Sync [confirmed, will fix]

Options
matthew_s
matthew_s
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

Hello,

I am having problems setting up a basic folder sync. I have created a second vault, chosen 'Sync' > 'Folder' in the Preferences for this vault and specified the folder. I have then chosen 'Continue' (the pathname is shown correctly) and then 'Start Syncing' in the next window. 1Password then crashes with a crash report - the secondary vault closes and the primary vault is displayed again (locked). The Preferences pane is still open and choosing 'cancel' is the only way to get out of it.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?

Many thanks.

Matthew.

1Password: 4.0.5 (App Store) and OS X 10.8.4

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @matthew_s. Thanks for discovering and reporting this bug. I've also confirmed it with 4.0.8, crashing the helper process.

It appears to happen at least when the vault (keychain) name selected with Folder Sync contains a Space character. I couldn't reproduce it when only the secondary vault name contained a Space and selecting an existing Space-less keychain name in Folder Sync.

I've filed a bug report. Thanks again!

• Griz
    Griz
    Community Member
    Options

The bug is still there, but seems to resolve if you're willing to remove all spaces from the filepath (i.e., every folder in the path to the desired "sub-folder".

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Griz.

I just happened to be looking up this bug in our tracker and we'll get it fixed in a future update.

• loft
    loft
    Community Member
    Options

just fyi ...

Same problem as described above (matthew_s) with my dropbox ... :(
    Any workarounds or solutions?
    When can I expect an update with a solution for this bug?

Thanks a lot! :)

We're using mac os x 10.8.5

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @loft.

Any workarounds or solutions?

Are you referring to the bug that crashes 1P helper when configuring Folder (or Dropbox) Sync with pathnames that contain a Space character?

For example, trying to use something like /Users/me/Dropbox/My 1Password Keychains for syncing could cause the 1P helper crash. Removing the Space characters from the subfolder so it's /Users/me/Dropbox/My1PasswordKeychains would be a workaround.

As previously mentioned, that bug is in our tracker and will be fixed in a future update. I'm sorry I can't give you an estimate of when that might be.

I hope that helps. :)

• loft
    loft
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @sjk.

No, no pathnames with spaces.
    The problem occurs also with foldernames without spaces in the name.
    Is this the same issue or another one? x)

thx again! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @loft.

It sounds like you have a different issue and we'd like to work with you directly in email to resolve it. To do that please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• loft
    loft
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @sjk.

I just sent the email...

Thanks a lot! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @loft. We've got your report now and will help you resolve this through email so we don't things mixed up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.