Merge Records

Options
covisp
covisp
Community Member

I have a lot of records that 1Password thinks are duplicate passwords because they point to very slightly different URLs. For example, I have ecomm.dell.com and membership.dell.com with the same login information.

It is tedious to merge these manually, so it would be nice if there was a "merge records" option that would take all the selected records, assuming they have identical passwords, and merge them into one record.

I suggest you copy the command-key from Contacts/Address Book of ⇧⌘\ (or ⌘| if you prefer to think of it that way).

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

Yes--this would be a real time-saver.

David

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @covisp and @DavidB,

This sounds like a great idea - I'll be sure the developers hear about this. :)

• mgrave
    mgrave
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this request.

I also have tons of duplicates and it's time consuming to keep a clean record set.

Thanks for this great app!

Mikaël

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, Mikaël ( @mgrave ). :)

• wcurtis
    wcurtis
    Community Member
    Options

That would be a great function and would help eliminate a lot of accretion and clutter.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @wcurtis. We agree. :)

• eoghan.hayes
    eoghan.hayes
    Community Member
    Options

We're half way there with duplicate detection. Particularly when using multiple versions of 1P (windows version is a major culprit) I end up with duplicates when the existing login suddenly stops populating the login page, have to enter it manually and end up with a duplicate. This feature would at least make cleaning the mess this generates a lot more straightforward.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eoghan.hayes,

Thanks for the example of how you'd use this feature. Your vote for it has been counted. :)

This discussion has been closed.