how to save password that opens in pop up

Options
Landim Fabricio
Landim Fabricio
Community Member

friends...
how to save password that opens in pop up?

Also before posting here, asks for login.
I log in with facebook and also did not show the option.

I was using another application, but I am testing this (1pass) by an indication.

sorry for my english.

Comments

• The popup window in the screenshot is a HTTP authentication prompt. Unfortunately, you have to copy and paste your data to fill those type of logins.

The 1Password extensions in Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox are unable to integrate with these types of login windows at this time. This is dependent on the browsers allowing this via their APIs, which are not currently offered.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Landim.

In addition to what @JasperP mentioned, we will investigate the possibility of supporting HTTP (basic) Authentication in 1Password 4. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Tobias_Conrad.

Please refer to previous replies in this topic where I've merged yours with. Thank you!

• joshivince
    joshivince
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

06.March 2014 - still not possible. Is there a lookout when it will be realised?

Regards,
    Vince

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joshivince,

As far as I know there's no specific timeframe when support for HTTP Basic Authentication might be added but I've added your vote of interest for it to the request in our tracker.

• Sinsear
    Sinsear
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

I would also like to add my 2c to this. The most prominent sites that use these popups are Sharepoint (which I use for my work extensively) and ADP (which just about every large corporation uses for payroll services). It would be great if this could be somehow implemented.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sinsear,

Thanks so much for adding your thoughts here. I'll add your vote to the feature request as well :)

• SecuritySam
    SecuritySam
    Community Member
    Options

One more vote, sharepoint and any basic auth sites are a PAIN, one of the few times I get frustrated when using 1Password for Mac

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SecuritySam,

Your vote for this is now in our tracker, too -- thanks for your interest!

As a possible workaround, HTTP (basic) Authentication credentials can be stored in Apple's keychain and should be usable with Safari.

• jrozelle
    jrozelle
    Community Member
    Options

One more vote too. I'm really interested by this feature.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your vote and interest, @jrozelle. Duly noted in our tracker. :)

ref: OPM-250

• kaychoro
    kaychoro
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also really interested in this feature... Right now work internal sites are the only password that gives me grief.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your interest and feedback, @kaychoro.

Here's what Dave Teare said about it last month:

While I can't say that we are actively working on this issue at the moment I can say that we've just finished the big 4.3 release of the extension and are considering HTTP Authentication for our next set of future enhancements. It's not a trivial change and will require a fair amount of focus to get right so please don't take this to mean we'll have it done soon. While I enjoy giving you a bit of visibility into our release schedule, it is always risky as schedules change frequently.

Long story short: this is on our radar for Firefox and Chrome; it will not be available in Safari.

I hope that status update from him is informative.

• kaychoro
    kaychoro
    Community Member
    Options

Great News!! Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @kaychoro. :):+1:

This discussion has been closed.