Password strength indicator not updated for items created in iOS

RBeeman
RBeeman
Community Member
edited September 2010 in iOS
I have 1Password for Windows and 1Password Pro for iPhone. When I input login information in Windows the password strength indicator works great. When I input it on the phone and then look at it in Windows the indicator is blank. Is there any plan on fixing this?

Edit: BTW I'm syncing with Dropbox

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    RBeeman wrote:

I have 1Password for Windows and 1Password Pro for iPhone. When I input login information in Windows the password strength indicator works great. When I input it on the phone and then look at it in Windows the indicator is blank. Is there any plan on fixing this?

Edit: BTW I'm syncing with Dropbox

As I recall, this will require a change to the 1Password apps for iOS devices; so I hope you won't mind my moving your post to that forum.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Hand off! :-)

Hey, RBeeman, welcome to the forums!

We are looking at getting this resolved in a future update. I do not have a time frame for a specific release, but we are aware of the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience! In the mean time, if you edit the login (making the most minor of changes) and resave it, it will work as expected.
  • I have the same problem.
    Create login in 1Password Pro the iPhone and syncing through Dropbox. Then this is the Windows application login empty password strength column Password.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Indeed, Dunan, this is a known issue we hope to resolve in a future update.
  • RBeeman
    RBeeman
    Community Member
    Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to see that this issue is going to be resolved at some point. I have a question, though. When it does get resolved, will all of the logins that were previously inputed have their password strength indicator auto-magically fixed, or would it only fix new logins created afterward and existing ones still need to be manually repaired?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Presently, I cannot say with certainty how the previously created logins will be treated. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time.
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    When entering a password in the iPhone app, in the Windows app the password bar is still empty.
    This is still an issue to be solved.
    Now I have to change the password in the Windows app and change it back to have a filled bar.

Regards
    Erik
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    This is a problem with 1Password for iOS (not 1Password for Windows).
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    Hi,

So you mean the entering of data must fill this bar in the iOS version?

I know the bar is reinitialized when you change the password in the Windows version.
    Why not check all the bars when opening the password chain?

Regards
    Erik
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    theetron wrote:

So you mean the entering of data must fill this bar in the iOS version?

The bug is in 1Password for iOS. Are you running the latest version? (I'm running 3.5.5)

theetron wrote:

I know the bar is reinitialized when you change the password in the Windows version.

This proves the bug is not with 1Password for Windows :rolleyes:

theetron wrote:

Why not check all the bars when opening the password chain?

Because this is time-consuming.
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    Yes everything is up-2-date.
    Thanks for your reply Stephan.

Is it possible to move this topic to the iOS forum, or do I have to post this again?

Regards
    Erik
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Erik,

I have merged your thread with a previous one of the some topic. This is a known issue that we hope to have resolved in a future update to 1Password for iOS. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but this is on our radar. Thanks for reminding us!
  • theetron
    theetron
    Community Member
    Thanks for merging it into one post.
    Hope to see some movement in the password strength bar soon. ;)

Regards
    Erik
  • Hello,
    I just recently started using 1Password for Windows along with 1Password Pro on an iPhone 4 (Latest iOS 4.3.1, Dropbox syncing). I came across an issue with the password strength display bar.

When I create a new Login from within the Windows application, the password strength bar shows correctly. But when I create a new Login from within the iOS app, it syncs successfully to Dropbox and shows within the Windows application, but the password strength bar is empty. I attached a screenshot example...I created two test accounts...one in Windows and one on the iPhone...both with the same exact password.

Has anyone experienced this? Or can anyone replicate this issue? Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, stopstop. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

I thought we had fixed this already, but I see we have not. I will poke the developers again on this one. Thank you for the reminder (and the screenshot)!
  • stopstop wrote:

Hello,
    I just recently started using 1Password for Windows along with 1Password Pro on an iPhone 4 (Latest iOS 4.3.1, Dropbox syncing). I came across an issue with the password strength display bar.

When I create a new Login from within the Windows application, the password strength bar shows correctly. But when I create a new Login from within the iOS app, it syncs successfully to Dropbox and shows within the Windows application, but the password strength bar is empty. I attached a screenshot example...I created two test accounts...one in Windows and one on the iPhone...both with the same exact password.

Has anyone experienced this? Or can anyone replicate this issue? Thanks.

khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, stopstop. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

I thought we had fixed this already, but I see we have not. I will poke the developers again on this one. Thank you for the reminder (and the screenshot)!

This is still an issue. I am now using the latest Windows client 1.0.8.214 and the latest iOS app. (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, iOS 4.3.5)
  • Hi Stopstop,

This is a low priority bug at the moment, we are still planning to fix this in a future update but we do not have a timeframe on this. Thanks for keeping us on our toes. :)
This discussion has been closed.