Feature Request - Software License Category - "Platform" field in the top section

Options
SheAlsoComputes
SheAlsoComputes
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

Any chance of getting a "Platform" field in the Software License Category? Right now I have to add it every time. I use the field to distinguish between the different platforms for which the software was purchased (because it's rarely obvious from the software title). The field (for me) would include items like

iMac - Home, iMac - Work, Dell Laptop, MBPro, iPad, etc.  

It would also be nice if it showed up in the first line in the summary field (like the version number does now) so I could see:

Adobe Photoshop Elements
       10   iMac - Home

Or something like that.

Unless someone else has come up with a better way to do this?

Thanks so much for considering my request.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @SheAlsoComputes.

Thanks for the request. Customizable default item templates are a common suggestion and already under consideration. :)

You can already do something similar by creating a new Software License item, adding a custom platform field with some default values, and give it a descriptive title, e.g.:

Then Duplicate that new item and modify its copy as needed. It's not possible to make use of that item when dragging apps to 1P4 to create new Software License items. But in general these types of "faux templates" can be useful. And adding tags to them, or putting them in folders, can make access more convenient.

I hope that helps. :)

• SheAlsoComputes
    SheAlsoComputes
    Community Member
    Options

Great idea, thanks. I'll do that for now.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of @sjk, you're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.