Sharing with windows

TGilberti
TGilberti
Community Member

I'm in the Apple ecosystem, however, my wife is running windows 7...I'd like to share passwords with her...Does she need to purchase 1Password for window first, before we can share? If so, will the transition of passwords be smooth? Then are we just sharing vaults?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

Hi @TGilberti,

1Password licenses are sold per user and per platform, which is essentially a fancy way of saying that each person needs to buy a license for each operating system that they want to use 1Password on. :)

So, to share passwords with your wife, you will need to purchase a Windows license for 1Password. However, if you've already purchased 1Password 4 for Mac, we certainly don't want you paying full price again. If you bought 1Password from our website, just head on over to our upgrade page and enter your current licensing information into the field at the top to see your available discount on a Windows license. If you purchased 1Password through the Mac App Store, just send your receipt along to us at support+sales@ agilebits .com and we'll create a coupon for you to give you the same discount.

The bonus is that any license of 1Password for Windows purchased now is eligible for a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows when it becomes available! (This shiny new version just entered beta testing.)

Please let me know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

• TGilberti
    TGilberti
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. Happy New Year

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TGilberti,

Happy New Year to you as well! :)

This discussion has been closed.