Popup: "database backup failed" keeps popping out chrome's uninstallation

Options
Giorgio Saracco
Giorgio Saracco
Community Member

As by title, today I uninstalled chrome and since then I had this popup.

Funny thing is that I uninstalled 1P months ago.

How can I avoid having this pop up keeping show up every few hours?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Giorgio,

I'm sorry to hear that this is giving you trouble! It sounds to me like you might still have 1Password Mini working away in the background. Do you by chance still have a key icon in your menu bar? Please click on the Mini and select 'Quit' from the menu. This should get that message to stop.

Please let me know if you are still having difficulties, and we'll investigate further. :)

• georgk
    georgk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan,

I have the same Problem.

I did backup my mac from time machine and then the popup shows the frist time.

I did delete 1Password from "Programms" and from the task bar. I also did check the browser (Safari and firefox) for installed extensions - nothing installed, but the popup still be shown e.g. after a start my mac.

Georg

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @georgk,

Im sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. I can give you instructions on how to get rid of the 1Password Mini, but I'll need to confirm which version of 1Password 4 you were using: did you purchase from the Mac App Store, or were you using a version downloaded directly from our website? (I did a quick look in our back office records for a user with the email address attached to your forum account, but nothing popped up.)

Once I know which version you had, getting that notification to go away should be a simple matter. :)

This discussion has been closed.