New 1Password install - Can't sync to existing Dropbox keychain

Options
Britonius Maximus
Britonius Maximus
Community Member

I have a Mac Pro that is already running 1Password 4.1 (Apple Store) and it syncs to our Dropbox folder just fine. We just bought an iMac and I installed Dropbox and 1Password 4.1 (Apple Store) with Mac running 10.8.5. When I try to sync this new install of 1Password to our Dropbox folder keychain it crashes, locks 1Password and offers to submit the following error, which I have submitted twice now, "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".

I have tried to open it a number of ways. I have tried uninstalling 1Password and reinstalling, etc.

I went back to the Mac Pro and exported the keychain and imported that into this new 1Password on the iMac and it opens fine, but when I try to sync it via Dropbox even to a new folder with no keychain, it crashes. It will create the keychain, but will never sync to it as it crashes each time I try to establish the sync.

I at least have a copy of the keychain from the import, but can't get it synced to Dropbox. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Britonius Maximus
    Britonius Maximus
    Community Member
    Options

I can sync to iCloud just fine, but all our Macs are setup to sync to our Dropbox account.

• Britonius Maximus
    Britonius Maximus
    Community Member
    Options

I just received the 4.1.2 update and now Dropbox is syncing just fine. Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Britonius Maximus,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I'm so glad to hear that the 4.1.2 update fixed your syncing problem, but I'm so sorry that we weren't able to get to you soon enough to be of any use.

Please do let us know if you run into any further snags!

This discussion has been closed.