Minor bugs in 1P4.1.2

Options
Niklas
Niklas
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

Create a new passport entry, you should be able to tab through all fields, but it stops at birth date. Also stops at issue date, and stops at last valid date.

Filling in birth date and starting with 19##, e.g. "1977" and then pressing tab to get to the month field results in year set as "0077".

Create a new entry (any item), it you accidentally type something in the label of any field you can't undo that once you tabbed away, not even when returning to the label.

The swedish translation of some settings doesn't make sense: Show [x] Hide password is quite ambiguous.

Date format does not fully confirm to system settings, e.g. backups. Example: System is set for 24 hr clock but backups use AM/PM times, time also does not use the correct delimiter (as I said, these are minor bugs).

Comments

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, another one: Clicking the little arrow/loupe icon in the search box causes 1P to trigger the double-click to minimise OSX behaviour.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Niklas

The swedish translation of some settings doesn't make sense: Show [x] Hide password is quite ambiguous.

Do you mean this one?

Compare it to the English original:

I guess you could replace Visa with Visning? Also, you mention "some settings", can you please tell me more?

And feel free to join the translation project at Crowdin: http://crowdin.net/project/onepassword4-osx. There you can vote for and suggest better translations. Agilebits are not providing the translations, we the users are. :) Note that there are known issues with category names ("Utomhus-licens") and field names.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Visning would be better.

I don't have time to contribute and would rather pay to have a finished product.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Another minor bug that is not new to 1P4 but that I have meant to report for a long time:

When filling in a password field using a YubiKey 1Password prompts to save the login details before the form actually submits.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Niklas.

Thanks for reporting these issues you're having with 1Password 4.

Create a new passport entry, you should be able to tab through all fields, but it stops at birth date. Also stops at issue date, and stops at last valid date.

You can tap the Escape key to exit the date picker in those fields without clearing their values.

Filling in birth date and starting with 19##, e.g. "1977" and then pressing tab to get to the month field results in year set as "0077"

I'm unable to reproduce that. Which short date format is your system using?

Create a new entry (any item), it you accidentally type something in the label of any field you can't undo that once you tabbed away, not even when returning to the label.

General support for Undo/Redo, including changes to item attributes in Edit mode, is in our issue tracker.

The swedish translation of some settings doesn't make sense …

Crowdin is the best place to submit translations, as @Xe997 suggested (thanks!).

Date format does not fully confirm to system settings, e.g. backups. …

It's a known issue, also in our tracker.

When filling in a password field using a YubiKey 1Password prompts to save the login details before the form actually submits.

I don't know if any of it is applicable to your issue but there's a long topic about YubiKey here:

Feature Request: YubiKey Support

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @sjk

You can tap the Escape key to exit the date picker in those fields without clearing their values.

I can't even enter the date field. It stops right at it. The focus is still in the label.

I'm unable to reproduce that. Which short date format is your system using?

YYYY-MM-DD (today would be 2014-01-16)

I don't know if any of it is applicable to your issue

Some of those suggestions would indeed be nice to have, but is not really related. I am having a bug where 1P is trying to save the login details before the form actually submits. See screen recording: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7561159/1P4 YubiKey.mov

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

And another tiny bug/improvement that could be done:

When changing the master vault password and leaving the hint field empty 1P4 will alert you that you need to fill something in said field, clicking OK in that alert will move focus to the field for the current password, it would be better to leave focus at wherever focus was or move focus to the password hint field.

• Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

This might just be something that I can't figure out how to do and possibly not a bug, but renaming tags seems impossible.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Niklas,

Tags can be renamed in the latest AgileBits website update (currently 4.2.2) and in the next Mac App Store update. From 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes:

• Easily rename tags directly within the sidebar
  • Niklas
    Niklas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @sjk, what is the ETA for the Mac App Store version? It seems that the non-MAS 4.2 has been out for a while and even reached 4.2.2 over two weeks ago. What's the holdup? Apple?

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Niklas,

We found a few issues in version 4.2 that we felt were very important to fix, so we're not gonna be releasing it to the Mac App Store. We're gonna skip it and wait for the next version to be finished (likely 4.3), which will hopefully be soon.

In addition, as you mentioned, Apple has to approve updates submitted to the Mac App Store which usually takes a few extra days.

I'm very sorry for the wait! Your patience is greatly appreciated. :)

This discussion has been closed.