1P4 Mac MAS Not Folder Syncing (at all)

Options
sye
sye
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

Hey guys,

I recently made the jump from re-used and unsafe passwords to secure and simple with 1P4. First off I want to say I love the product: it's brilliant and it's great to see excellent work coming out of Canada.

Now, my issue:

1Password 4.1.2 for Mac, purchased on the Mac Apple Store using folder sync. OSX 10.9.1 on Macbook Pro and Mac Mini.

I am aware that the MAS version has issues syncing after reboots, but I have issues syncing altogether. If I update the vault it does not modify the .agilekeychain unless I start/stop the syncing process.

Is there anything else I'm missing other than the current bug?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sye,

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting synced up. The post that you mention about the sync issues refers to version 4.1 - we had thought the bug was properly squashed in version 4.1.2. Now, since the 4.1.2 update, have you tried resetting sync as stated in that post? Just in case, let's try it once now:

• Open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.
    • Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Macs

• Go back to the Sync preferences, and enable Dropbox on one computer. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.
    • Enable Dropbox sync on the second computer - make sure it is syncing to the same location!

• Create a test entry on each device and see if it pops up on the other, just to test.

If this does not get things synced up for you, please let us know immediately as we'll need to do some further testing on this bug.

• sye
    sye
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot Megan.

Did this right after you posted it and it worked just fine. Appreciate your reply.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Megan will be pleased to know that worked for you, @sye. :)

Thanks for letting us know. Have fun the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.