IE 11 problems

My work machine got updated to IE 11 and 1P doesn't appear to be working. What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

1Password is tested with Internet Explorer 11.

Can you tell us something about the way in which it appears not to be working?

In the meantime, check the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences to make sure the Internet Explorer extension is still "checked."

• daak
    daak
    Community Member

im also having problems with 1Password on a windows 7 computer running Internet explorer.

first I don't see a nice easy to tab button like Mozilla or other browsers .
    then I find this little button in the menu bar and after making a selection of a desired web site to open I get.

I keep getting a fault message when I hit the log in button

I get 1Password has encountered a problem

Internet explorer is deneying access to a because it is on another domain

or if I also hit the button to log in with the account details ie Passords etc.

please help as im stumped

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@daak, I'm not sure what an "easy to tab button" is—our extension tool looks pretty much the same in Internet Explorer as in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

As for the "other domain" problem:

If the developer of a site's login page decides to load content for the login form on that page from a different domain (for whatever the reason), Internet Explorer considers that a potential security risk and denies 1Password the ability to fill in the fields on that "cross-domain" form.

You can still copy your username and password from 1Password into the form, and you may be able to use the Auto-Type feature in 1Password for Windows to fill it.

I'm sorry we don't have a way around Microsoft's judgment on this issue. As an alternative, you can use any of the other supported browsers for such a site, because they don't follow Microsoft's line of reasoning.

• kbreit
    kbreit
    Community Member

At the very least, a Ctrl+\ doesn't bring up the auto-fill or 1P dialogs. There is a checkbox next to IE 11 in the 1P preferences window.

• daak
    daak
    Community Member

i Hate Internet Explorer and windows > its now my Moms computer as i was having a buitiful experience with 1Password on my Mac and IPhone but now its driving me batty.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@kbreit, please try defining a different key combination on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences, and let us know whether the problem persists.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank goodness for family members, @daak; without them, all our old computers, phones, and other electronics would end up in a landfill. ;)

• kbreit
    kbreit
    Community Member

Changing the key combo to Alt-\ doesn't appear to be working either.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

What about Ctrl+something_else (like Ctrl+#) just to test it.

I'm struggling because Ctrl+\ in IE brings up the 1Password extension immediately for me.

What happens in IE if you press the key combination? Is that also what happens when you click on the 1Password tool in IE? (They should give exactly the same result.)

• snhughes11
    snhughes11
    Community Member

I too am having this problem. Works like a charm on my son's Mac. But my Windows 8 computer with IE 11 not so much. Ctrl + \ doesn't bring up anything (although it is checked in settings to do so). Auto-fill not working. No prompt to save a new password (although Windows still prompts me to save - just not 1Password). Any help?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

@snhughes, I think we're getting started on a solution in the other thread you started, this morning, but do let us know if this is a separate issue.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.