Slow unlock animation [Known Issue: working on a fix]

Options
snakeears
snakeears
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Has anyone else seen this one?

I'm running 1P 4.1.3, OS 10.9.1 on a MacBookPro8,2

With enough frequency to be very annoying, I notice that when I resume use of 1P after inactivity lock, the time it takes the door-open animation to complete is really, really long. From moment I hit enter after typing my master password, it seems to take seconds.

I looked in Console and found this entry.

1/19/14 14:55:37.134 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper[206]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snakeears,

I'm sorry that 1Password is being slow for you right now. Thanks so much for including that console log. I've passed this along to our developers to see if we can't get this fixed for you!

• snakeears
    snakeears
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan. Any news?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No news yet, @snakeears, but we do have this filed as a bug in our tracker. I've noticed the sluggish unlocking, too, especially on my older (2009) Mac mini.

• michaelwarren
    michaelwarren
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the exact same (insanely) slow unlock animation on the (currently) newest MacBook Pro (late-2013, Retina 15-inch, 2.6 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M). It is not always slow, though, and I have been looking for a pattern. The slowness has happened when the application was shutdown and then launched, when the application has been open for a while, but locked due to timeout. Since it is fairly random when it is insanely slow to unlock versus when it is fast, my first guess would be to see if it has something to do with the backup process. Hope this feedback helps, but let me know if you would like me to test or record the slowness in a video. I use 1Password 4 everyday (and love it!) and am confident I will see the slowness a few times each week.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelwarren‌,

Thanks so much for the kind words and for adding your experience with this bug! I've added the details you've noted to our issue in the tracker, hopefully it will give the developers a better idea of how to get this feature behaving properly. :)

• snakeears
    snakeears
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan:
    Looks like the problem didn't go away with 4.2.2 release.

Any updates?
    Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing yet, @snakeears. I have updated the bug report to mention you've asked about it again. :)

• frog
    frog
    Community Member
    Options

This is quite frustrating. Please at least add an option to disable the animation if the slowness is not going to be fixed, or at least accept keyboard input during the animation so I can start typing my search while it's slowly unlocking. Every single time I open up 1Password, I find myself having to re-type my search query because the first ~4 characters got lost waiting for the animation. There seems to be even a little extra delay after the animation appears to have stopped, before the input will start going to the search bar.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frog,

I understand your frustration here. I've done the same thing too! Your request has been added to the issue tracker.

• nicom
    nicom
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update/fix on the slow opening animation?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nicom,

Thanks so much for checking in on us! Unfortunately, I don't have much of an update for you at this time. This doesn't mean we're not working on it, but there are just too many factors involved here and we don't want to make promises that we may not be able to keep.

I have updated the issue in our tracker to let the developers know that you're keen on seeing a fix here as soon as possible - thanks for your patience as we sort this out! :)

• wpitzal
    wpitzal
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Sometimes the vault opens in super slow motion, no idea why, but quite annoying. Happens both in Safari and Chrome on a Mac for me. Thank you for finding a fix for this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi @wpitzal,

I've passed your thoughts along to our developers, thanks for adding your vote for a fix. :)

ref: OPM-1356

This discussion has been closed.