Password generator passwords not being saved

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member

I recently had to reset a password, and used the password generator in the Safari extension to produce the new password. Since 1pw doesn't always recognize the need to save the new password in a reset window I clicked on the drop down window next to the generated password and selected save to clipboard before filling. The new password was entered into the web form.
I was then redirected to the login window and when I tried to paste the new password nothing.
I did find in the generator window a history for ######.com and by choosing the most recent of those the log in was completed.
However, the password wasn't saved to either 1PW or the clipboard, and I can find no way to retrieve it. It used to be possible to reveal recently generated passwords, but I can no longer find that option.
I guess I will go back to copying the password generated using command c.
Is saving a complex generated password a lost functionality or how do I get to a mechanism for saving complex generated passwords so they will be available in 1PW?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @waldhaus1,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with generated passwords. Looking in the Password Generator window in the 1Password Mini is a great thing to do. But every password that 1Password generates will be saved to the 'Passwords' category until it is safely converted into a Login. Are you unable to find your password here?

This discussion has been closed.