"Problem with 1Password Helper" Msg on Safari after OSX Mavericks upgrade

Hi,

I have 1Password 3.8.18 (Build 31318). It worked great on Snow Leopard. I recently upgraded to OSX Mavericks (on iMac) and now the 1Password extension button on Safari shows the red exclamation mark and when clicked, shows the message

"Problem with 1Password Helper
The 1Password Helper process is experiencing problems. This might prevent Universal Unlock, Keyboard Shortcuts, Autosubmit, and synchronization of data from working.

Please view the Troubleshooting Report for further information"

The Safari plugin version is 3.9.20.

As far as I know however, the product is working fine, auto populating my passwords on sites that I've used 1Password for to save my login information. It's just annoying to see that red exclamation mark constantly on the Safari toolbar. Any ideas on what's going on?

The troubleshooting report link in the message indicates:

"Configuration Issues Detected

The following configuration issues were detected.
1Password Helper is Not Connected
The Desktop Application is Required
The desktop version of 1Password (sold separately) is required in order to use the 1Password extension in your web browser.
If you haven't yet, download it now:"

I do have the Desktop application (v.3.8.18) installed.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Geckoboy,

Thanks for providing such a detailed report! I'd like to take a closer look at your system here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Geckoboy
    Geckoboy
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

I've downloaded the diagnostic reporting tool, but when I click on the button to create a report, it just shows the spinner and never completes to create the report. Is there anything else I can do?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Geckoboy,

Let's try it this way: using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

As before, please attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

• Geckoboy
    Geckoboy
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

I've done what you said, and a support rep had asked me to update to v3.8.21 and that cleared everything up! Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Geckoboy,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out now! If you run into any further snags, we're here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.