Issues with Quick unlock code and Sync Notification

Options
SkyNetTX
SkyNetTX
Community Member

Hi,

I've tried to set up a quick unlock code and it doesn't work (it has worked on a previous version). I've also set the "lock on exit" to off and it has no effect, the master password is required any time I try to access the app.
Unchecking the "show sync notification" has no effect, the notification will still appear.

Thanks,

Comments

• We may need to change some of the wording within the app in order to reduce confusion surrounding exiting and notifications.

When it comes to exiting the app, there are four different ways that you as a user can choose to exit the app:

1. Tap the back button and then tap the Ok button.
    2. Tap the exit menu option in the overflow menu and then tap the Ok button.
    3. Tap the home button.
    4. Tap the recents button (app switcher) and then tap on another app.

The first two methods result in the app being terminated, while the last two methods leave the app running in the background. This leaves us with two different ideas of what "exit" means. If you exit the app in the first sense, then the app has been terminated and we need to ask you for your master password again. This is necessary because of the way that your data is secured by encryption. If you exit the app in the second sense, then the app is still running in the background and we can ask you for a quick unlock code in order to make unlocking more convenient. This is possible because we already asked you for your master password when you first launched the app.

If you always exit the app by tapping the back button or by using the exit menu option, then you will never see the effect of "lock on exit". However, if you exit the app using the home button when "lock on exit" is enabled, and then tap the icon again, you should see the quick unlock screen when the app reappears. Please let me know if this doesn't explain what you are seeing.

As far as show sync notification goes, this setting doesn't really affect notifications themselves (again a change in wording could help here). Instead, it affects whether the toast messages are shown on screen. The toast messages are the semi-transparent messages that are displayed over the app in the bottom portion of the screen when the sync completes. Turning "show sync notification" off should prevent these messages from being displayed. Again, please let me know if this doesn't explain what you are seeing.

As for the "real notifications" (ie. the ones that appear in the notification drawer), our development team is considering making changes to this approach.

Thank you for the feedback!

• isaacbowen
    isaacbowen
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to save the master password, encrypted with the quick unlock code?

Being able to get into my Simple app with a quick code is one of my favorite features of the app - I can sign out and force use of the full password at any point, but I wouldn't want to have to use the full password just because the app isn't in memory.

• To answer this, I will refer you to our FAQs on 1Password Security:

Can I configure 1Password to unlock with Quick Unlock Code (4-digit PIN) first?

For security reasons, that is not possible nor do we plan to implement this. 1Password 4 is designed to encrypt everything with the master password first and to get inside the app, the master password must be entered first.

Note: This document refers to iOS - since we haven't finished the documentation for Android yet - but the same reasoning applies here.

This discussion has been closed.